Hyperpigmentation is caused either by the natural ageing process, hormonal changes or as a results of environmental damage such as repeated exposure to harsh sunlight.
Hyperpigmentation can be safely treated with our key proprietary ingredients. The DermaFix range contain pigment reducing agents which improve dark spots, melasma and hyperpigmentation. All DermaFix products are safe and free of Hydroquinone.
HOW HYPERPIGMENTATION STARTS
The melanocyte is the skin cell that produces the pigment called melanin. Excessive melanin formation is known as hyperpigmentation, this is a condition which arises as a result of excessive Ulra Violet Exposure from the Suns rays.
Suncreens that contain UVA and UVB filters such as zinc oxide, Avodensone and Titanium Dioxide protect the skin against as they are offer higher protection benefits when applied regularly.
Not all skin lightening products available today have the quality or quantity of active ingredients necessary to effectively resolve hyperpigmentation concerns. Many skin lightening ingredients are available which include N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Paper mulberry extract, Kojic acid, Vitamin-C, Azelaic acid, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide, Licorice and Bear Berry.
In more severe cases of hyperpigmentation, such as melasma, also known as “the mask of pregnancy” using a melanin antagonist helps to improve and prevent further hyperpigmentation.
An integrated skin care routine must be followed to control these concerns.
It is important to determine the cause of hyperpigmentation with UVA/UVB exposure having the most aggravating consequences.
Always protect your skin with a high protection factor sunscreen. DermaFix DermaShield SPF 50, or DermaFix MD Professional SPF 50.
Skin Cleansing Routine
1. Cleanse the skin with DermaFix Brightening Cleanser which may be left on for 3-5 minutes.
2. Advance treatment with one drop of DermaFix DermaBright added to the Brightening Cleanser at night only.
3. Exfoliate in the mornings with DermaFix DermaPolish, a gentle enzyme exfoliant which assists in the removal of dark redundant skin cells.
4. Toner the skin with DermaFix Brightening toner which acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor and is an important step in correcting the hyperpigmented area of concern.
Morning and Evening Skin Care Routine
1. Apply DermaFix Vitamin C Serum after the cleansing routine.
2. Follow with the application of DermaFix MelanoDerm to help combat melanocyte activity, thereby slowing down melanin production which is the cause of hyperpigmentation.
3. DermaFix ACC Vitamin C may be applied to the neck and decollete for added benefits such as anti-ageing, skin lightening and assisting in breakout control.
4. One could add the DermaFix ACC Tranexamic Gel into their night time routine, in place of the Vitamin C serum, and before the application of the DermaFix MelanoDerm for advanced result.
5. finish your morning routine with DermaFix DermaShield SPF 50 or DermaFix MD SPF 50.
Important Information About Hyperpigmentation
- Various levels of Hyperpigmentation exist, therefore it is important to re-evaluate your treatment regime every 90 days.
- DermaFix MT Microneedling homecare are recommended for advanced results.
- The DermaFic Brightening Kit is available for an introduction into the regime.
- Once an established skincare routine has been obtained, DermaFix MD Prescriptives SkinLite may be incorporated.
Incorrect skin peel techniques and inflammatory products may possibly exacerbate hyperpigmentation.
DermaFix Active CellCeuticals Tranexamic Gel 100ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix Brightening Cleanser 200ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix Brightening Toner 150ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix DermaPolish + Activated Charcoal 100grams$0.00 Read more
DermaFix DermaPolish 100grams$0.00 Read more
DermaFix DermaPolish 50gram$0.00 Read more
DermaFix Ferulic +C+E 50ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix MelanoDerm 57ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix Vitamin C Serum 30ml$0.00 Read more
DermaFix Vitamin Therapy Masque 125ml$0.00 Read more